Successful in Bavaria – Acquiring adequate funding
Bavaria as a business location is attractive to entrepreneurs and investors as a site to establish their companies thanks to its very diverse economic environment. But it is not the existing infrastructure alone that promotes successful enterprises, it is also the numerous funding programmes from which established companies, start-ups and investors benefit.
The LfA Förderbank Bayern alone supplied companies with low-interest loans amounting to EUR 2.1 billion last year. The available options, however, are far more diverse: Whether start-up, acquisition or modernisation – the tailored offers are one of the key building blocks for the success of Bavaria as a business location. The measures offered range from non-repayable subsidies to low-interest loans and even the provision of guarantees or coaching workshops. Along with the initiatives of the state and its institutions, investors and entrepreneurs of course have the option of benefiting from funding provided by various EU programmes, for example via the Bavarian Research and Innovation Agency.
Access requirements for funding
The requirements for accessing the diverse funding programmes vary according to the respective initiative. What they have in common is the fact that only projects intended for implementation in Bavaria can obtain funding, and, most often, applications must be submitted prior to the actual project launch. Key elements in the funding applications include providing detailed information on the project specifying the time frame, investment amount, financing plan and a brief description of the project.
Selection of different funding programmes
The types of funding and the amount of Bavarian funding programmes are quite varied. Detailed information on the individual initiatives, the exact type of funding, as well as the access requirements is available in our funding brochure.
- Bavarian funding programme which seeks to facilitate the transition when establishing a start-up (FLÜGGE): Support for business start-ups from universities
- Growth fund for Bavaria: Financing of investments and equipment as part of an innovation project following a first round of financing
- BayStartUP: Business plan competitions, workshops, coaching, contacts in the financing network with business angels and venture capitalists
- ESA Business Incubation Centre (BIC) Bavaria: Support for projects involving the commercial use of space travel technologies and infrastructures
- Start? Zuschuss!: Financial support for early-stage start-ups
Tapping new markets:
- Trade fair participation programme of the Bayern Innovativ GmbH or the Bayern International GmbH: Trade fair organisation and cost sharing for trade fairs in Germany or abroad at the Bavarian joint booth
- Delegation visits & tours for businesspeople: Support through assistance in political issues when entering new markets by establishing networks in export business as well as on-site visits to associations, ministries, organisations and trade fairs.
Own research and development projects:
- Bavarian Programme for Supporting Technology-oriented Business Start-ups: for technology-oriented entrepreneurs or companies which have existed for less than six years and who satisfy the SME criteria
- Bavarian Technology Support Programme: Support in the development of new technological products and processes and the application thereof
- Innovation vouchers: For collaboration with research institutions and industrial partners
- Bavarian Research Foundation – High-tech for the 21st Century: Technologies, processes and services from various sectors – from life sciences to material science to process and production technology
- Topic-specific programmes: Electromobility, New Materials, Electronic Systems, Information and Communications Technology, medical technology, energy research, biotech and gene technology
Do you have specific questions on funding and financing options available in Bavaria? Then contact us – we will inform you free of charge and without any obligations.