Bavaria's Minister for Economic Affairs, Ilse Aigner, and Minister of Science, Dr. Ludwig Spaenle, appoint speakers to the topic platforms of the Zentrum Digitalisierung.Bayern
MUNICH Bavaria's Minister for Economic Affairs, Ilse Aigner, and Minister of Science, Dr Ludwig Spaenle, appointed speakers for the five topic platforms of the Zentrum Digitalisierung.Bayern (ZD.B): “The ZD.B will hereby be strengthened through outstanding scientific and visionary business expertise,” explains the minister. “Leaders from throughout Bavaria have been won and, as honorary speakers, will create and coordinate these topic platforms. Bavaria is using this competence to move another step forward towards becoming the leading region for digitalization,” says Aigner.
Spaenle: “The intertwining of science and business is a primary concern of ours. Through the tandem appointments of each speaker position – one each for science and the economy – we are implementing this systematically. This is how we bring together the expertise of scientists in Bavaria with the strength of the Bavaria economy and interlace these reciprocally.”
The topics platforms offered by the ZD.B address key technologies and the most important fields of application in digitalization. They bring various participants together under the umbrella of a common topic and are the link between universities, non-university research and industrial development.
The topic platforms are headed by honorary speakers – one from business and one from science. The speakers are charged, together with the central administrative office of ZD.B in Garching and additional potential partners, with the development of the respective topics of the platform, the coordination of activities and the launching of new strategic initiatives.
The services of the following speakers were secured to start off the five platforms of the ZD.B:
• Platform “Networked Mobility”: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Reinhard German (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg) and Dr. Christoph Grote (BMW)
• Platform “IT Security”: Prof. Dr. Claudia Eckert (TU München and Fraunhofer AISEC) and Dr. Walter Schlebusch (Giesecke & Devrient)
• Platform “Digital Production”: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gunter Reinhart (TU München) and Dr. Christian Schlögel (KuKA)
• Platform “Digital Health/Medicine”: Prof. Dr. Christoph Reiners (University Hospital of Würzburg) and Prof. Dr.-Ing. Erich Reinhardt (Medical Valley)
• Platform “Digitalization in the Energy Sector”: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Joachim Schenk (University of Applied Sciences Munich) and Dr.-Ing. Roland Hofer (Bayernwerk AG)
For more information about Zentrum Digitalisierung.Bayern, visit: www.zd-b.de